Donald Trump’s latest public financial disclosure shows that he holds between $250,000 and $500,000 worth of Ethereum (ETH).
Trump’s 2023 OGE financial disclosure documents, released recently, featured an item described as a “Cryptocurrency Wallet (Ethereum),” whose value the former President placed between $250,000 and $500,000.
- The content of the crypto wallet is likely tied to the sale of non-fungible tokens (NFTs) he launched in December 2022 after exiting the White House.
- The limited edition NFT collection sold out within a day and comprised 44,000 digital trading cards featuring the former President in different costumes and poses.
- According to reports, Trump’s NFT adventure netted upwards of $8.9 million in sales, earning him about $298,000 in licensing fees. The crypto wallet through which the earnings were collected is held under the same Trump entity, CIC Digital, that collected these licensing fees.
- Former first lady Melania Trump also briefly dabbled in NFTs, turning several popular images from NASA’s Apollo moon landings into digital pieces that sold for $75 each. However, NASA criticized the venture, stating it violated the space agency’s merchandising regulations.
- It is interesting that Trump now holds crypto, considering his past skepticism. In 2019, he stated he was “not a fan” of Bitcoin (BTC), which he described as “not money” and whose value he claimed was “based on thin air.”
- In 2021, at the height of his re-election campaign, Trump reiterated his stance on crypto, calling the asset class “fake.”
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter CRYPTOPOTATO50 code to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.